Contemplative Gathering: Belonging
Time & Location
About the Event
There is an awakening and a growth in contemplative spirituality, a rediscovery of our rich Christian contemplative roots, giving us as Christians the voice to sing in the choir of voices made up of the arts, science, technology, psychology, ecology, all the role players in daily living and our modern world. It manifests itself in individuals mindfully living life, and in conversations often within retreat centres, churches and small gatherings. Yet many of us drawn to it feel isolated, lonely, strange and lost – often without a larger community. Addressing that led to the theme of this first gathering:
One of the true gifts that we can give each other is understanding and companionship.
One of the most precious gifts we can give ourselves is slowing down, experiencing peace and quiet in a beautiful setting.
When all this flows into the inner journey, we experience grace.
All these elements come together over a weekend in 2020 in the little village of Wakkerstroom. It will be the first of what will hopefully be an annual gathering of people on the Christian contemplative journey, whatever form that journey may take.
This weekend will provide opportunity and space where contemplatives across the field can come together in sharing contemplative practices, telling about their work and experiences, sharing resources, delving deeper and experiencing community.
Wakkerstroom. Click here to see the location.
This small town is situated in a beautiful natural setting and is also home to the Restory Retreat Centre.
6-9 August 2021
R600 per person per weekend ($40 if you are paying with credit/debit card through Paypal)
The cost of R600 includes all sessions and two communal lunches. It does not include accommodation. A list of accommodation venues and restaurants will be made available.
What to expect:
· The intention is that it will be a restorative weekend with contemplative practices in the form of meditation sessions, music in the tradition of Taize, mindfulness walks, contemplative photography sessions, opportunity for creative expression, vespers and a contemplative church service, all carried by silence and mindful awareness.
· In serving and enhancing the wider contemplative community, there will be time to interact socially as well.
· During a number of sessions there will be input from speakers from different expressions within contemplative spirituality.
· Through exhibitions those interested can bring their work, facilities, resources or programs to the attention of the larger community.
George Angus 0793032674
This event is jointly organised by Restory Retreat Centre and Solitude Retreat centre
- Conference fee (R600 / $40)$40$400$0